Instructions: This is a fill-in-the-blank exercise. Each question consists of a sentence with one or two words left out. For each question, think of the word or phrase that should fill each blank, then click on the blanks to see if you are correct.
1. The ________ of a computer performs billions of tiny electronic operations per second.
2. Each tiny electronic operation is called a ________ _______ and each one of them is specified by a bit pattern called a _________ _______ .
3. A sequence of machine instructions is called a _________ __________ _________ .
4. A section of a program that executes repeatedly is called a _________ .
5. The _____________ of a processor is its machine operations, their implementation, and their interaction with main memory and other components.
6. By using a _______ _________ programming language, a programmer can create a program using big operations which will later be converted into machine instructions.
7. A _______ _________ is a text file that contains instructions written in a high level language.
8. A ____________ translates a program from a high level language into machine instructions.
9. An ____________ is a program that reads through a source program written in a high level language and performs the actions that the source program asks for.
10. A program written to execute instructions as if it were an actual processor made of silicon is called a ____________ processor.
End of the Exercise. If you want to do it again, click on "Refresh" in your browser window.